Saturday, 26 January 2008

BE MINE - ELEMENTS 3 QUESTION

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

I'm not suggesting this as a layout composition. I was just testing some of the elements from the ELEMENTS 3 file that will probably be posted on Monday, when I realized that quite a few of these elements have reduced opacity bits about them. The ribbons are sheer as are parts of the bows (not shown), and the heart-shaped word art you see has see-through edges. Now the problem is that when you want to apply a regular drop shadow, you lose the see-through effect. The only way to prevent this is to customize the shadow and I'm not sure if this can be done in all the popular digi-scrapping software. I know it can be done easily in PS and PSP but what about the others? I can provide each of these elements with a customized drop shadow just as you see here, in addition to the shadow-free image. My question is ... Is there a need for this? If you want a customized drop-shadow version where needed, let me know so I can include them - maybe in a separate zip file?????


6 comments:

Fenn said...

I would love to have a customised drop shadow. I always have problem applying shadow to sheer item, after applying, it lose the sheer effect. Maybe there is some way, but I don't know how:( I am using Photoshop. So glad that you provide this option. Thank you so much for your wonderful kit:)

bunchie said...

I thought I would drop by before church to see if you had posted another part of your kit! Didn't want to miss ANY of it!! I use PSE 6 so it really doesn't matter to me how you make it, just as long as I can get a copy! LOL! I'll take it anyway you will give it because it is so beautiful! What can I say except I love the way you design! Well off to church!

Lori Crouch said...

In answer to your question, if you have the time, I would personally add the extra file with the customization. Just the fact that you asked tells me that you won't rest easy until it is done right. Ask me how I know... ;-)

Sharon-shutterbug said...

It would be so awesome if you could include it! I sort of know how to do it in Elements 4.0, but it's a big pain in the butt, especially for this many elements.
Thanks for asking!

grambie said...

Oh my, you just think of everything. Yes, I would love to receive your custom shadow. Anything that creates less use of my hands to complete a project is certainly appreciated. You know that is why you are so blessed talently and otherwise because you think of others before you think of yourself. The RAK is the perfect place for you because you along with others here bring to us the true essence of comradship. So beautiful. Zip it up, and I will definitely download. Thanks!!!

patty said...

I enjoy custom drop shadows :)
thank you-this is so lovely!!