Tuesday, 5 February 2008

BOY STUFF - TRAINS ELEMENTS

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
These are the elements for the train-themed part of the kit ... 1 train border (2 colours), 1 track border, 3 frames, 3 keychain tags, 2 train embellishments, and 1 engineer's cap cluster. I drew everything you see here from scratch EXCEPT the locomotive that I first displayed in the progress report. I used a free dingbat font character to start this element but I'm not comfortable doing this so decided to draw my own locomotive. It's certainly not as good as the dingbat image but I don't have to worry about using the designs of others. I know a lot of people do use characters from dingbat fonts but it makes me just that wee bit uneasy. Actually the most difficult thing to draw was the engineer's cap - I'm not too satisfied with it but I guess it's at least recognizable. In any case, I hope some of you like these elements and can find some use for them. Like the papers, there will be some elements that can be used with any part of the kit.

DOWNLOAD  THE ELEMENTS HERE

17 comments:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for the COOL elements & BG's!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craftymama said...

These are fab, I especially love the train shaped tag. Thanks for these

Fit said...

ohhhh, I have the perfect pictures to go with this kit. I can't wait to get those pics on my laptop and make the lo. Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!

Tammy aka bunchie said...

I know what you mean because I don't like using something in my kits that someone else designed either. I love the cap and am so glad you included it because I want to use it on the pastor who drives trains as a hobby...on his pic! BTW, you are to hard on yourself because I like the locomotive you drew! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love the kit.. and I too have the perfect pix for it!! Yay!

Would it be too much to ask for the cap as a separate png file???

Anyhoooo.. thanx bunches and loads for the wonderful kit.

Great work!

Di

Joanne K said...

Thank you Lilybelle!!! I love this kit, and will use it to do a few pages of my late Step Dad, as he was crazy about trains, and had an extensive model RR. This is the first train kit I have found that is adult enough to be suitable.

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking freebie search engine is going to list this blog post today.

Jody said...

Great kit. The engineer's hat is wonderful! Looking forward to doing some layouts with this kit for sure. Thank you once again for sharing your awesome kits.

scangel said...

wow!! thank you so much. these are great. Your are so nice to do this for me.

Josie said...

Thank you so much -- the train elements are absolutely wonderful!

Nikki said...

Thanks so much! LOVE IT!

makeyesup said...

Wow, this is some neat stuff, thanks, it is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I would say the presentation of the train design has terrific elements to it. If you can draw, you will go far in this business.

Vicky
DigiScrapDepot.com

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you drew all of this yourself! It is wonderful! You are great at it. I love this kit. It will work for my grandson. I will use this kit for my first time at putting together a page and learning. Thanks and bless your heart for sharing. Barb

Barb said...

Oh, no! No longer available?? My computer crashed. I had layouts for my grandson done and lost it all. I am bummed. Please email me. bchr2340@msn.com

grammadiane said...

This is just soooo darned cute....Qw have photos of my grandson in Grandpas engineer hat ...this is going to be perfect,....Thank You sooo much for all of it...