Tuesday, 19 February 2008

THE WAY WE WERE

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Well I finally managed to get some computer time last evening and again today. I've given up on the "grunge" designs. I guess it's just not my thing - BUT, I liked the colour palette I was using so have created what you see above using the grunge colours. I'm not finished by a long shot but just wanted to get a few opinions. I have three more papers not shown here. I used this one because I rather fancy the pattern/texture effect. Have a look at the enlarged version and see what you think. I think these papers and elements might be useful for heritage layouts although I can see them being used in a very general sense as well. Let's hear it folks - will this kit be more to your liking than my poor attempts at "grunge?" :))

6 comments:

craftymama said...

I love this colour combo and what you have come up with so far is very pleasing to the eye, I await the kit with eager anticipation.

fl_connie said...

I love this color combo, too - and I HATE grunge. I was a paper scrapper, and I would have been in tears (and started over) if some of the grungy things had happened to my scrapping! I can deal with a little bit, mostly texture - but if looks like it's been crumpled up & thrown away, then drove over and smoothed out - I'll find something else. I think it must be harder to design interesting textures & papers WITHOUT grunging them up - but Yay! for you for doing so!

Anonymous said...

While I know some do not like grunge, it does have it's place. I think you were doing a fine job at it. Don't give up! Cudos on TWWW kit so far. You are very talented and so generous to share. I for one thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Martha

lovetocraftbetty said...

This is gorgeous! I like the color combination, the texture on the paper, the other parts are neat too! Looking forward to seeing the rest of this kit.

Connie said...

I just found your blog and love your designs. I love the colors in this kit. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this kit. I always love the soft colors, especially these particular blues and browns. They go so well together and make for a classy kit. Thanks you for sharing it all. Barb