Thursday, 17 April 2008

FOR MY SISTER ...

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
This is my sister so recently lost to us. The coloured image was taken when she was 81 and in the black and white photo she was just 19 years old.
God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering, he knew you were in pain,
And knew that you would ne'er get well on this earth again.
He saw your path was difficult, he closed your tired eyes,
He whispered to you "Peace by Thine" and gave you Wings to fly.
When we saw you sleeping so calm and free of pain,
We would not wish you back to earth to suffer once again.
You've left us precious memories, your love will be our guide,
You live on through your children, you're always by our side.
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you on the day God called you home.

THANK YOU ALL for the many messages of comfort I and my family have received both here and by email. I have even received one beautiful message of comfort in the form of a "just journaling" layout which I will be posting for all to see.

If anyone would like to have this layout as a quickpage, it can be done. For others to be using this would be a fitting memorial to my sister - she was the ultimate "giver" of her time, her talents, and her love.


8 comments:

Robbi1 said...

Beautiful layout and tribute to your Sister! The photos and journaling are fantastic. A qp would be wonderful it is awesome to read and very nice. Hugs and Prayers.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

How beautiful! Sooo sorry for your loss.:( I love the layout you did and what a wonderful tribute to your sister.You can tell she is loved dearly.:) My prayers are with you and your loved ones at this time of sorrow.

Big Bear Hugs to all!

Valinda

craftymama said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news and you and your family are in my thoughts. Your lo to your sister is truely beautiful and I hope you found comfort while making it. Take care of yourself.

KrisG said...

What a beautiful tribute to you sister. I'm so sorry to hear she passed and hope you heal quickly. I lost my sister last year to cancer so I know the great loss. Tonight I light a candle for you and your family.

lovetocraftbetty said...

Your tribute to your dear sister is beautiful and so heart touching. It is hard to let the ones we love so much go - may you find comfort in your treasued memories.
Keeping you in my prayers.
Betty

Josie said...

This is such a touching and loving tribute to your sister. I would be honored to use the page myself. I pray that God Blesses You today and always!

Lisa said...

This is such a wonderful layout of your sister, so touching with the sweet poem. I hope that the memories you hold of her in your heart will comfort you in the days ahead.

Tammy aka bunchie said...

I couldn't help but cry when I read your loving tribute to your sister. How wonderful to know she is with God in His garden and pain free now. To know she will never hurt again and looks down and watches over you awaiting your arrival. I would never wish Mom back because of the pain she felt but I think of her everyday just as I know you will your sister. God be with you all and know you are in my prayers always. I am just now getting around to read and catch up on your blog. I'm glad you have archives to read. God bless.