Monday, 28 July 2008

MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE RAKSCRAPS JULY MEMBER KIT

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
This is a preview of my contribution to the July Members' Kit at RAKScraps and, of course, you must be a RAKScrapper to download it. The theme for this kit is FOLK ART and I initially tried to create elements with the look of embroidery. I wasn't too successful at that so trashed it all and started again. Some of these elements are supposed to look like they have been painted - watercolours, etc. - but I'm still not really happy with the results. The flowers aren't too bad and I "kinda" like the oval frame but the bow is faaaaar too stiff and the papers aren't really "folk artsy." However, I'm not giving up. I still want to be able to design elements with a "painted look" so am developing a little minikit along these lines for downloading here on LilyBelle Scraps. Right a this moment I wish I were using PS rather than PSP - all those lovely actions to make things a bit easier for designers.

1 comment:

lovetocraftbetty said...

Your part to the kit is beautiful - I love the oval stitched frames and the sprigs of flowers! The rectangular frame with the little flower cluster is neat.