Sunday, 13 July 2008

SCRAPKWIK+ SPECIAL OLYMPICS - KWIKPAGE 1

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
As you can see, this first quickpage is specifically themed for Special Olympics BUT most of the elements and papers can be used for layouts other than Special Olympics. When I researched this theme, I found that the colours used are teal and an orangey red so that is the colour palette I have used together with white and gold. I created laurel leaves and flowers because of their association with the ancient Olympiads. I tried to get permission to use the official Special Olympics logo but no one responded to my request so I designed something that I hope will be an adequate replacement. It's a bit hard to see but the paper used in this quickpage is embossed with the little icon you can see on the medal and on the frames. Everything you see in this quickpage is included as separate files with the papers and elements.
The ribbons and bows are all (at the moment) a combination of the red and teal. However, I plan to include ribbons and bows in solid colour versions which might be more useful for general layouts. I'm enjoying the designing process for this kit and I hope that many digiscrappers find it beautiful and useful. :))
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR KWIKPAGE 1 - SQUARE
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR KWIKPAGE 1 - RECTANGLE
I just read this comment at 4Shared and because it pleases and means so much to me I want to display it here for all blog visitors to read ...

Posted by Pat F.
Jul 13, 2008 10:24:54 AM
Thank you for this Fay! I know you have put out a lot of effort for a kit that probably will fill a rather "small" need! Hopefully others will see the versatility as you mentioned! As the Grandma of two "Special Olympians", it means the world to me to have a "kit" designed with their special needs and interest in mind. God bless you and thank you soooo much!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love your blog and I love all you do. Thanks!!

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Jul [LA 02:21am, NY 04:21am, UK 09:21am, OZ 07:21pm]).

Tammy aka bunchie said...

hello! Just wanted to stop by and telll you how special I feel you are for doing this! God surely smiles whenever He sees you! I know He will bless you in many special ways for doing this! Thanks for making it so others can use it too. I love teal color!