Thursday, 26 March 2009

BEST IN SHOW - INSPIRATIONAL LAYOUT BY TRACY

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
I’m ashamed to say that this layout created mostly from my BEST IN SHOW kit, was sent to me on March 9 by Tracy and I had every intention of posting it with the background story for all to see. However, my old brain only travels on one track at a time these days and – I FORGOT! However, I hope that Tracy feels it’s “better late than never.” The following is the background as explained to me in the email to which this layout was attached …

I made a page today using your Best in Show. I have attached a JPEG of it for you to see and share if you wish. I made it for my 71 year old neighbour, Pat, who just had heart surgery today ( 2 stints) and will be home on Wednesday. Last July, the nurse that comes to his house for his 96 year old mother - in - law had puppies (well, her dog did lol ) Shih tzu and bijon frise cross (called a Zuchon) and he decided to get one for her, as she has always loved dogs and he thought having one would be good for her, and it has been. Well, I already have 2 shelties and a cat, but of course I had to go see the puppies. She brought the last 4, and Pat took one, of course I took one and Pat's neighbour on the other side took the other 2 puppies!! So all 4 little sister puppies live side by side and get together almost every day! They have so much fun together! Anyway, when we all first got the puppies, we were calling ourselves mommies and daddies to our own puppy and auntie's and uncle's to the other puppies (lol), except for Pat, who always laughed and said he wasn't a dog so he couldn't be his puppy's daddy. So, we nicknamed him Papa Pat!! Hence, the name on the page. He is an amazing man, kind, caring, a wonderful neighbour and we were all very worried about him (he has had 2 double by-passes already), so while I was thinking about him today, I made him a page. He is the one hiding behind his puppy, Tippy, and the dancing ones are his and mine, Brandy. The 3rd dog is my 10 year old sheltie, Dawson, who Pat says is his favourite dog.

Let’s all hope that “Papa Pat’s” heart is working in top gear and that he is well on his way to recovery by this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked my page, thank you for posting it. Pat is doing much better now, we were all very relieved and he put this page that I made for him on his fridge. Thanks again for your wonderful kits!! Tracy

MarthaElaine said...

Lovely story! I've had a crazy week, but I see that you have been busy! I will hustle over to RAKScraps right away! Smiles!

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

What a wonderful story, and it's a great LO to go along with it. Or should I say the other way around. Regardless, it just goes to show that your an A-1 designer, and this story happened to fit so well. Hope that all are feeling better now and on the road to good health!

Anonymous said...

I just started digital scrapping. I have three dogs and was so excited to find these great dig kits but then realized that they were no longer available. So disappointed. The search continues..... Diane