Tuesday, 26 May 2009

I AM WOMAN - PAGEKIT 1

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
This is another minikit (PageKit 1) for the current Members' Kit at RAKScraps and, of course, the download links are available in the RAKScraps Community forum. The words on the tag are credited to Winnie the Pooh ...
If there ever comes a day
when we can't be together
keep me in your heart,
I'll stay there forever.
As well as leaving a lovely comment, Martha Elaine has asked how I designed the flower in this pagekit. Well, ME, I started by extracting ONE petal from a flower photo but the centre is all digital - vector lines, etc. The one petal was warped, blended, curled and generally "put through the mill." My biggest problem is with "jagged edges." There are a number of techniques that I use (including anti-aliasing wherever possible) to avoid the jagged edge result but I'm sure there must be an easier way if I could only figure it out. I even tried designing at 600 ppi rather than 300 thinking that perhaps this would cure the problem but not so - just the opposite in fact! I'm sure it's just stupidity on my part but my old brain only works in slow gear these days. BTW the flower in PageKit 2 is ALL digital and you can sure tell the difference.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Absolutely beautiful work as always!! Thank you for sharing

Lynda

MarthaElaine said...

Well, I know I already said thank you on RAKScraps, but I just had to return and rave about your flowers! Did you start with a real flower and just change the centers or is it all digital? Anyway, it's a great effect, and I love it! Thanks again!

MarthaElaine said...

Now I'm even more impressed after hearing that you did all that from ONE petal! Wow! Thanks for the update!

Pumpy said...

Amazing.