Tuesday, 2 June 2009

THANKS MARTHA ELAINE ...

for your comment about the flowers-under-glass trinket! Smileycons! I spent a long time trying to get this just right but when I finally had something I thought was acceptable, I had an awful time trying to actually use it in a layout. In fact, it’s only really pretty when viewed in a size far too large to use even on a 12 x 12 layout. This is what happens when I don’t follow my usual method of creating a mental image of a layout and then designing the papers and elements to make it real. Anyway I had fun designing it and, apparently, one person who likes it well enough to take the time to let me know! Smileycons!
I’m working on two new kits at the moment – a vintage one with soft, muted colours and one called Birds and Blooms – bright colours and funny-looking elements. However, on the down side, I’ve discovered a blog offering free commercial use digikits which contain LilyBelle designs. After recognizing two items as my designs, I quit looking! My first impulse was to report the blog but can’t bring myself to do it. I think the best thing for me to do, since I find this type of behaviour so upsetting, is to close LilyBelle Scraps and design just for myself and friends. The thing that puzzles me is that this particular blog is FULL of beautiful elements and papers – some of which look very difficult to create. Why would a person with such designing talents bother using things created by another?

Martha Elaine, I’ve rambled on long enough – thanks again for your kindness!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear that you will no longer be offering your beautiful scraps any more. It annoys me that there are rude individuals who do the wrong thing and spoil it for the rest of us.
You are very talented and I have appreciated all the work you have shared. I understand why you are doing what you are, and I am sorry someone has done wrong by you!
Thank you again
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to make your beautiful page kit gifts amd allowing us to DL them, due to health issues I am not on the computer as much to do much DL or scrap booking but I do admire your talent and generosity. If you don't have the heart to report that other blog, maybe post the addy and let us play devils advocate


tracy

suzanne said...

Like Tracy said post the bloggers address and let us all BOYCOTT the &%*#@. You have too many loyal fans that will be disappointed if you quit. I for one may go into a deep depression missing you. Thanks ever so much for all your beautiful work. Hugs suzanne

Nancy said...

I am so sorry to hear about the thief who stole your beautiful designs.I have followed your blog for a long time. I absolutely love your designs. Please don't let this person drive you away.

makeyesup said...

Think you should post the bloggers address so that we can all spread the word. You should also contact that person to let them know. Seems to me that if they stole your designs, most likely the other items that you think are showing this person's talents were also stolen from others. The word needs to get around so other designers can review the blog and protect their designs too. Sorry to hear about this as you are very talented and do appreciated receiving the gifts you put out there for us. Sure hope that I haven't inadvertently downloaded from the specific blogger and thought that it was theirs.

TAS said...

It would most definitely be our loss if you chose to close your blog site. Your designs are wonderful and we don't often enough tell you how much we do appreciate them. You do need to take action about your stolen designs on the other bloggers site. If it has happened to you, it probably has happened to other designers as well. Hope you reconsider closing your blog site.

Anonymous said...

I agree with makeyesup. It is probably not her work and I definitely do not want to buy from her. I love your work and would sorely miss your blog and the things you share with us. I feel like you are a friend and I would miss you. Mandee

ccynden said...

I am so sorry also to hear that this has happened to you and to so many other fabulous designers over the years who have since quit sharing their designs for which I do not blame them. We all would surely miss you but I feel we would understand if you closed up shop. (wiping tears away).

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that someone would take advantage of you in this way. I love your designs and even the ones I didn't download are so beautiful, I just enjoy looking at them. If you decide to stop your blog, know that you will be missed.

Margaret