Tuesday, 9 June 2009

WHO IS THAT STRANGER?

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

This is a layout about a recent happening that I thought should be added to my memory book. The journaling reads …

David found a dog wandering the streets near home that was obviously lost. Seeing no one who might be her owner, he took her home where she and Honey made friends. Her collar showed that she is a guide dog called Nora, a unique code identifier, and a phone number. The phone number was that of a Guide Dog Centre. The Centre tried unsuccessfully to contact the owner. Since they were not allowed to reveal the name and address of Nora’s owner, David set off on a walk around the neighbourhood. He was lucky enough to find a young lady anxious about her missing guide dog. She and Nora were reunited to the happiness of all.

I used a paper and elements from the Birds and Blooms kit and if anyone would like it as a quickpage, just let me know. BTW the long-haired blonde is Honey and Nora has short hair but I think the resemblance is uncanny! Smileycons!

6 comments:

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

Wow Lilybelle, the resemblance is uncanny as you yourself said. I'm so glad that David found the owner to the dog, she must have heartbroken not to have him and quite lost without him to say the least. What a nice ending to the story!
If you do make it as a QP, I will be sure to be one to download it.

clc said...

Beautiful page! Nora was lucky that someone so caring found her and got her back home!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful story. I'm glad you found her owner. They are just too cute for words. Glad you had a good day and glad you got such good pictures. I definitely would like the QP. Mandee

tracy patterson said...

What a lovely story and a great thing you did, taking the time to walk around looking for the owner. So many people just wouldn't have bothered, it is so uplifting to hear that you cared enough! Also, beautiful layout and again your kits are gorgeous!! Thank you sharing them with all of us! I hope you keep going!! Tracy Patterson

Anonymous said...

I love this Layout. You've inspired me. I'm new to scrapbooking and don't know where to start.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Della

Johneen said...

Thank you so much for this Birds and Blooms kit, I love the Quick pages you do. But this kit is fantastic. Love all of the little birdies, especially the clusters. Thanks again for sharing your talent and hard work.