Sunday, 5 July 2009

CANADA DAY 2009 ADD-ON

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Here’s the Add-On for CANADA DAY 2009 as promised. You will notice that there is a flower in this add-on. As some of you may know, Canada does not have a national flower emblem. Each of the provinces has one but there is nothing for the country as a whole. Soooooooo, loving flower elements as I do (Can’t seem to do a layout without one or two! Smileycons!), I decided to use the flower from a plant called a Flowering Maple. I think they can be grown outdoors but as I haven’t been too successful doing that I sometimes keep one as a houseplant. I took a few photos and extracted the bloom you see in this preview. The plant that I have produces flowers in the bright red you see (I didn’t alter the colour), a pale pink, and a washed-out orange tint – all on the same plant! The leaves of this plant actually look like maple leaves, hence the name, I’m sure – BUT – I used the kit maple leaf (recoloured) with the flower clusters. I hope you don’t have all your July 1st photos scrapped so that these “bits and bobs” will be used. Oh, yes, an Add-on for the JULY 4TH minikit is on the way!
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR CANADA DAY ADD-ON

7 comments:

MarthaElaine said...

What an awesome flower! Love all the Canada items to use for my trip pages! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Love the red kit. Even though I am not canadian, I am sure to use these beautiful items in a lo. Thanks and thanks for sharing the story about the plant. I have never heard of a Flowering Maple. It sure is beautiful plant. Mandee

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 05 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 06 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

deltalady6 said...

I just found your blog, & I really appreciate the Canada Day kit, as a Canadain. Thanks so much for your generosity! Love your stuff!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Canada Day post on Jul. 06, 2009. Thanks again.

cathy said...

Love the add ons! I can't wait to use them with my Canada Day pics!

Anonymous said...

myscrapbook says: love the canada day kit. thank you for sharing