Wednesday, 22 July 2009

STAR QUALITY - OVERLAYS

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

I’m still wondering whether uploading the KwikPages in layered format is a good idea. I notice that most of the downloads are for the elements and papers files. I think I had better return to uploading the KwikPages in a coloured .png file with a separate file containing the papers and elements in grayscale. In the meantime, here are 4 paper overlays and 4 coloured papers created with the overlays plus a non-textured paper. You can get some interesting and beautiful effects by using blending modes but for most of the samples included, I just coloured the plain paper one colour and the overlay another colour, then merged the two. The overlays are .png files so that the colour on the plain paper can be seen. This means, however, that you must protect the transparent areas when adding colour using any kind of a “fill” tool, etc. Otherwise, you will loose the two-colour result.
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR OVERLAYS 1, 3, AND 4
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR OVERLAY 2
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR SAMPLES

8 comments:

makeyesup said...

Thanks, you are so sweet doing all of this and you do beautiful work. My vote is just papers, elements and alpha. Don't use QPs. as O usually just like to do my own thing.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 22 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 23 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

MarthaElaine said...

These are beautiful! Thank you! However you want to package things is fine with me - I am just as happy with the individual png files as I am with a psd file.

Chris Allport said...

Thank you so much for the overlays and samples.

I just love using overlays and experimenting with different colours and percentages of transparency. It's amazing what turns up.

Lots of luv

Chris

Kyra said...

Thanks, lovely overlays

scangel said...

first of all. thank you for the overlays.

second, thank you for the qps. about the layered templates. i enjoy getting them as i love to do my own thing, like moving thing around. ive seen some qps that i like but think that something might look better in another place. so in my opinion they are a very good idea. i would like to see you keep giving them.

i can use both the psd and psp formats so it doesnt matter which you give.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 22 post on Jul. 25, 2009. Thanks again.