Sunday, 30 August 2009

MY AUGUST DESKTOP

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
No freebie here, sorry!  Just thought you might like to see a photo of my Stargazer Lilies which I used as my desktop for August.  We've been infested with the Lily Beetle for the past couple of years so my garden-planted hybrids have been devastated.  However, I have a neighbour, a great gardener, who arrived at our house this past Spring to rebed some of my perennial flower beds.  She found three of the Stargazer corms and suggested I plant them in a pot for the deck as it would be unlikely that the Lily Beetles would find them there.  I did - and this was the result!  I'll put them back in the ground for the winter and repot them for the deck next spring.  My desktop icons are all arranged vertically on the brown area at the left.  My monitor is a 22" so the image is big and bold - beautiful!

7 comments:

makeyesup said...

These flowers are gorgeous, think that I would be minimizing my programs often so that I could feast on them. Thanks for sharing.

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 37 post on Aug. 31, 2009. Thanks again.

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

Hmmm, the picture isn't coming in for me. I'm sure it is lovely thought and I used to have Stargazers but they didn't make it this year, some animal ate them as they were just getting a good start. El Gonzo. I've tried this before and couldn't get your desktop picture, should I blame Vista?

deltalady6 said...

The lilies are gorgeous!

Pumpy said...

These are too beautiful, have to nurse them well, I see.
xxxx

VJ's Scrap Room said...

How pretty...and to have them on your desktop where you can see them all the time is such a wonderful idea!:)


Have a fantastic weekend!

Hugs,
Valinda

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful flowers and to make a desktop - what a great way to enjoy them. Mandee