Thursday, 29 October 2009

THE WORST IS OVER!!!

I know I promised the last MiniKit for the “Mums the Word” collection BUT, at my son’s instigation, I had the H1N1 flu vaccination on Tuesday evening. Now mind you, because a school teacher lives in a hotbed of germs and viruses, I’ve been having a seasonal flu shot for years with no side effects. HOWEVER, in my case, this cannot be said for the H1N1 vaccine.

I think I had every side effect known. The pain and the fever were bad and made even worse because they prevented me from sleeping. Anyway by 11 pm last evening my temperature returned to normal and the pain began to subside. A good night’s sleep has made me feel like a new woman so “All’s well that ends well.” I was a bit hesitant about having the H1N1 shot because the virus seems to be attacking mostly the young of our society and I felt they, along with the health-care workers should be targeted first leaving we “old-gaffers” (who, according to some reports, may have a bit of immunity through the exposure of our ancestors to the 1918 flu pandemic virus) until last. Anyway, the deed is done!

I probably won’t get anything up today because I’m in countdown mode now that I’m better for my usual Halloween “snack” on the 31st and a family Sunday dinner the next day. Every year after my grandchildren have finished their rounds of “trick-or-treating” they appear at Grammy and Grampy’s house for cheese dreams and Halloween cookies.

I’ve also had a couple of comments that I REALLY want to reply to but that will have to wait for a bit. If I’m not back before Halloween – HAVE A GREAT ONE!

post signature

7 comments:

lovetocraftbetty said...

Sorry to hear that you were ill following your flu shot - good to know that you are feeling better! I haven't got mine yet as the clinics are just starting in my area. This flu sounds like an extremely nasty one!!

I wanted to mention how much I like the variegated flowers in the alpha preview - they look so real!
Thanks for being so generous with all the designs you share with us.

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

Oh Lilybelle, I'm so sorry that the H1N1 flu shot made you so sick. I was leaning towards not getting it also, but Ted is insisting on getting it whenever our dr. gets his supply and our name is on the list. We get our reg. flu shot every year, also pneumonia shots as needed, and never any side effects from those. Now you have me thinking. My oldest son said that he isn't getting the swine flu shot as he is no longer out in the public due to his process of retirement, but he has 2 daughters in college and his wife is a school teacher also. I said that is something to think about, but he will do as he wants to do.

You're kits, QP's and all your pages and elements are so beautiful, and you have put so many up to share with the rest of us that you deserve a rest. Have a good Halloween and enjoy the DGC, ours are too far away and beyond going to the doors trick or treating, but I sure would love to Trick or Treat at my son's house as a surprise, but I know that won't come about.

Happy Halloween.

Toucan Scraps said...

hope that is the worst Fay, I'm aware of lots of long term side effects for those vaccine shots. Be well

MarthaElaine said...

So sorry you've been feeling poorly, Fay! Have a great time with your grandkids! Cheese dreams sound yummie!

makeyesup said...

So sorry that you got that nasty flu; however, happy to hear that you are on the way to recover. Enjoy Halloween and the weekend.

Vickie (Sandusky, OH) said...

Sorry that you had such a hard time with the vaccine! I hope that you are feeling a lot better now.

I just wanted to tell you that I think this latest round of designs is gorgeous! As usual, you are very generous to share your talent. Thanks so much!

deltalady6 said...

Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction. I've never had a flu shot & I'm still undecided. Of course, here in Alberta they've shut down the clinics because it was such a disaster so by the time they open it up for low-risk people like me it'll probably be too late!