Sunday, 25 July 2010

SCIENCE FAIR - KWIKPAGE 1

I THINK, I’m more or less finished with the SCIENCE FAIR kit even though I don’t have that “all done” feeling. I usually start a kit with a mental image of a layout or two based on the theme and colours. I didn’t do this with the SF kit. I had photos of my grandson at various stages of his progress from his school science fair, to the regional, and finally at the Canada-Wide Science Fair. I took the colours from his photos and the secondary theme from his actual project. I created papers and elements based on these details. Then, of course, when I thought to develop it into a general-use Science Fair kit for others to use, I had to add different elements and papers. I even found it difficult to create pages. Bows, ribbons, and flowers did not seem to be appropriate and, apparently, I rely on this type of element a lot. I think the science kids are “kinda cute” but still the whole kit is lacking SOMETHING – just what I don’t know – but the feeling is definitely there. Anyway, here’s the first KwikPage that I came up with. It’s certainly not an attention-grabber but, hopefully, there are a lot of you just waiting to scrap photos of your children and/or grandchildren with their projects. Smileycons!




DOWNLOAD SQUARE KWIKPAGE HERE

DOWNLOAD RECTANGLE KWIKPAGE HERE


post signature

4 comments:

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

Hi LilyBelle, I think you made a great QP and came up with some good terminology also. Very nice and I have downloaded both sizes in hopes of using them for "Odyssey of the Mind" that my grandson was in a few years ago--it was a World Wide competition and his group came in first. Now all I have to do is find some pictures!!! I know you are very proud of your grandson and he is just as proud of you for making these pages not only for us girls, but in particular for him and his experience. Thank you so much for sharing!

Lori said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jul. 26, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [26 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria