Saturday, 4 September 2010

AMAPOLA - KWIKPAGE 1

The current Avatar Challenge theme (music) at RAKScraps captured my attention and I decided to do the challenge based on one of my favourite songs. There are two such songs, actually, at the top of my preference list – The Rose as performed by Bette Midler and Amapola sung by Nana Mouskouri. I used The Rose as the theme for my avatar. Then, when I saw the colours and the theme (music and summer) of the RAKScraps August Mega Kit, I decided to develop Amapola as the theme for a summer kit. Amapola is Spanish for poppy as many of you may know, and this summer, for the first time, I had Peony Poppies in my garden and Balloon flowers. The colours of these flowers are very close to the colour palette of the RAKScraps August Mega Kit. Sooooooo, using photographs of these flowers as a jumping-off point, I have designed a kit. I don’t know just how useful it will be. I probably should have been doing a “back-to-school” kit but sometimes inspiration doesn’t take me where it should.  Anyway, I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to designing AND, if I don’t get the kit posted this week then it won’t get done until October when it will be even less useful as everyone will be looking for fall items.

There are 38 papers (not all unique), 75+ elements (not all unique), 5 kwikpages (in both sizes, as usual), and two alphas with numbers in three colours each. I’ll start with the first KwikPage because that’s the only preview I have ready.




DOWNLOAD KWIKPAGE 1 SQUARE HERE

DOWNLOAD KWIKPAGE 1 RECTANGLE HERE


post signature

4 comments:

Bernadette1 (Bernie) said...

These are absolutely beautiful! Colors are gorgeous and the QP's are so nice and I think they can be used for lots of things. Very pretty, and will enhance anybody's work of art as they have the best to start with. You're work is so superior and wonderful, and it's always so nice to see you here--it's sort of your home away from home!!! Hugs.

LionessZA said...

I love the embossed notes and the colour is beautiful. Thank you for the QP. It is going to be a wonderful kit. Hugs xx

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE these too and agree with both comments that have been left!:)Thanks sooo much for sharing your gorgeous work with us.:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful QPs Thanks for sharing!!